Medical Reception Employment Essentials
About this course
The Medical Receptionist course will enable participants to enhance their current administrative and customer service skills to suit a medical environment. If you are looking for a career change or even returning from a long absence; we assist with resume building, interview skills, job searching and more. You will also complete the accredited unit – HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
What you will learn
Telephone techniques in a medical setting
• Emergency procedures
• Medical records
• Non-clinical triage
• Appointment making using ‘Best Practice Software’
• Patient billing using Best Practice Software CPR which is a requirement for practices registered with the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP)
• Employability skills
• Resume and Interview techniques
• Provision of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
All participants must:
• Be a minimum of 17 years of age;
• Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen;
• Not be attending school;
• Be able to read, understand and interpret written information.
• A reasonable degree of physical fitness is required, as CPR must be performed continuously, for a minimum of 2 minutes, on both adult and child mannequins.
This course is delivered 2 days per week for 4 weeks from our Rosebud and Hastings Campuses. Sessions run Tuesday and Thursday from 9:30am to 3:00pm.
The assessment in this course involves non-formal classroom-based workshops and practical tasks. Participants will be assessed based on the principles of competency-based training. Upon successful completion, participants will be issued with nationally recognised Statement of Attainment (CPR only) and a Certificate of Completion.
Government subsidised concession fee: $14.40*
Government subsidised tuition fee: $72.00*
*This course is subsidised by the Victorian Government through Adult, Community and Further Education (ACFE). Eligibility criteria apply.
If you have a debt from fines (eg infringement notices) participation in this course may be able to reduce it.
This course is an approved Work and Development Permit Scheme activity.