Advance is a non-profit, community-based, registered training organisation that has been providing training and employment support services across the Mornington Peninsula since 1980. Our prime focus is to encourage and support engagement in education and learning by providing opportunities to enhance current skills, learn new skills and improve career prospects for the most disadvantaged members of our local community. We have sites in Rosebud, Hastings and Mornington.
Advance offers a large range of nationally recognised qualifications including Health and Community Services, Aged Care, Training and Assessment, Horticulture, Hospitality and short courses providing pathways to employment and/or further study.
Advance also provides career development services, traineeship and apprenticeship training and job seeking support.
Advance is a Community College and a member of the Learn Local Mornington Peninsula Network. We also have strong links with government and community sectors.
As a provider of community assistance, Advance will enhance opportunities through innovative learning and development programs.
Aims and Objectives
Advance is focussed on:
- Supporting and actively promoting the principles and practice of Australian democracy, including a commitment to:
- The elected government;
- The rule of law;
- Equal rights for all before the law;
- Freedom of religion;
- Freedom of speech and association;
- The values of openness and tolerance.
- Providing accessible, dynamic learning opportunities within the Mornington Peninsula community;
- Meeting individual needs while providing quality, innovative pre-accredited and accredited learning experiences that reflect community aspirations;
- Research, development and innovation;
- Building partnerships with industry, community members and other bodies who have mutual or complementing interests;
- Fostering a sense of belonging to a caring community in which members and participants are accepting and supportive of each other.
- The individual
Advance guarantees the excellence of its services by ensuring that quality assurance is an integral part of our daily operations. This enables the organisation to consistently meet the needs and expectations of our funding bodies, industry and most importantly, our clients.
Advance is committed to a rigorous, continuous improvement process that focuses on increasing customer satisfaction with the marketing, recruitment, induction, training, assessment, evaluation and support services associated with the delivery of our programs. Client and staff feedback is highly valued and is used to improve our procedures, policies, methods of operation, materials, trainer/assessor performance, facilities and information services.
In the spirit of respect, Advance acknowledges the Boonwurrung members of the Kulin nation, and other Aboriginal Elders, past and present, who have traditional connections to the land