Attendance at an Information and Enrolment Session is mandatory for all candidates wishing to undertake any full qualifications with Advance.
Information and Enrolment Sessions will take, on average, 2 hours to complete all required documentation.
The Information and Enrolment Session will cover the following:
- General information regarding the course/qualification you wish to undertake;
- Practical Placement requirements and support provided;
- Information on the local labour market and potential employment opportunities;
- An outline of how training and assessment of your qualification will be completed;
- Information on, and assessment of, eligibility for government funding;
- A 1-on-1 interview with the Career Practitioner;
- Completion of general enrolment documents; and
- Learning Style Self-Assessment and Foundation Skills Assessment.
When attending an Enrolment Session, please ensure you bring your Medicare Card, Photo ID (Driver’s Licence, Proof of Age Card, Passport, Birth Certificate), Health Care Card, and any other suitable ID. This ID may be required for funding applications and/or police checks.
Sessions are held every Friday alternately at Rosebud and Hastings at 9.30am.
Please contact the relevant office to make an appointment.
Do you need child care to help you undertake training?
The Family Learning Support Program provides funding to enable learners to participate in learning where the cost of child care is a barrier to participation.
Learners who are enrolled in Government subsidised pre-accredited or accredited training at Advance Community College should ask staff for more information about the program.
The program is available to assist parents, carers or guardians of a child or children aged between 0-6 years and who are not yet enrolled at school and need occasional child care during class time.
If you are receiving the Commonwealth funded Child Care Benefit then you may be able to receive top up funding and if you are ineligible then funding can be used to help you pay your out of pocket costs.
For more information see here Victorian Family Learning Support Program.
Please see Course Fees and Charges for detailed information on course fees, or call Advance on 5986 4623.
The student tuition fees are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment.
Individuals with a disability are encouraged to apply.
Return your completed Enrolment Form to Advance by:
• Dropping it into one of our offices in Rosebud, Hastings or Mornington; or
• Scanning and emailing the form to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
• Faxing it to our Head Office on Fax: 03 5986 8377.
Upon receipt of your completed Enrolment Form, we will confirm your details and course enrolment.
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
About the Unique Student Identifier (USI)
Every year, an estimated three million Australians build and sharpen their skills by undertaking nationally recognised training. From 1 January 2015, all students doing nationally recognised training need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). This includes students doing Vocational Education Training (VET) in schools.
A USI is a reference number made up of numbers and letters. Creating a USI is free. It creates a secure online record of your nationally recognised training that you can access anytime and anywhere, and it’s yours for life.
The USI is linked to the National Vocational Education and Training (VET) Data Collection, and this means an individual’s nationally recognised training and qualifications gained anywhere in Australia, from different training organisations, will be kept all together.
The USI will:
• link a student’s VET achievements, regardless of where in Australia they did the course
• let students easily access secure digital transcripts of their achievements (transcripts will be available from April 2016)
• give students more control over their VET information.
For further information on the USI, visit www.usi.gov.au