Do you want to undertake studies but have financial constraints with childcare?
Advance may be able to help!
Advance has access to funds* to assist eligible candidates with financial assistance towards the cost of occasional childcare.
For a learner to access a subsidy through the Family Learning Support Program, the following criteria must be met:
- The learner is the parent, carer or guardian of the child/children (aged between 0-6 years and not enrolled at school) for which they are seeking occasional child care;
- The parent is enrolled in and attending Victorian Government funded education and training through Advance (an eligible Learn Local provider), and accessing occasional child care during their course hours;
- The parent is ineligible to receive the Commonwealth Approved Child Care Benefit either because of their circumstances or because the occasional child care service does not have any Commonwealth Approved occasional child care places available.
If you need assistance in locating eligible occasional child care providers in your area, please visit:
- the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development’s website to view the list of services under Victorian Law: http://www.education.vic.gov.au/childhood/providers/regulation/Pages/vcsregister.aspx
- the Australian Government website to view a list of Commonwealth approved child care service: www.mychild.gov.au
For further information on how Advance may be able to assist you, speak with one of our friendly staff.