Skills First Program
Individuals are eligible for government-subsidised training if they:
- meet citizen/residency criteria;
- Are under 20 years of age (on 1st January in the year the course commences); or
- Applying for entry to a Foundation Skills course; or
- Applying for an Apprenticeship; or
- Applying for a course at a higher level than the highest qualification already held;
- Have not commenced in two or more government subsidised courses in the calendar year; and
- Have not commenced in two or more government subsidised courses at the same level for which you are applying, in your lifetime.
For enrolments in courses at the Certificate IV level and below, the RTO must charge the concession fee to an individual who, prior to the commencement of training, holds a current and valid:
- Health Care Card issued by the Commonwealth; or
- Pensioner Concession Card; or
- Veteran’s Gold Card; or
- an alternative card or concession eligibility criterion approved by the Minister for the purposes of the Fees and Charges Guidelines.
Adult, Community and Further Education (ACFE)
Individuals are eligible for ACFE funding if they:
- Are aged 15 years of age or over; and
- Are an Australian citizen or resident.
Fee for Service Courses
There are no specific eligibility requirements for individuals accessing courses on a Fee for Service basis.
All courses at Advance are available through Fee for Service. Fee for Service costs vary for each course or qualification.
Please see Course Fees and Charges for individual course and qualification costs.
Payment Plans are available to assist students with paying off course fees. Regular instalments are required to be made over the duration of the course or qualification. Payment Plans do not incur additional fees and charges.
Certificates and/or Statements of Attainment are not issued until all fees are paid.
Refunds (ACFE, Fee for Service)
Refunds based on deferment or cancellation of a course by Advance –
Advance reserves the right to defer or cancel a course, change course start dates, or change course curriculum/programs at any time. In the case where Advance cancels a course prior to its commencement date all monies paid to Advance will be refunded within 10 working days.
Where Advance cancels a course before its expected end date, the balance of fees paid for that portion of the course not yet delivered will be refunded within 10 working days.
In the case of a course start date being deferred, and the new date is unacceptable to the student, all monies paid to Advance will be refunded within 10 working days of notice of the rescheduling.
Refunds based on student requests –
If a student withdraws, by written notice at any time up until 4 weeks after the scheduled commencement date of the course, Advance will refund all fees and charges paid by or on behalf of the student.
If a student withdraws from only part of a course, Advance will refund only the portion of the fees applicable to that part of the training.
If a student has paid a fee for tuition that is no longer required because of RPL, Advance will refund an amount equal to the difference between the tuition fee paid and the tuition fee payable for the adjusted hours of tuition that are to be undertaken.
Advance respects and values everyone regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, ethnicity, race or religion. Individuals with a disability are encouraged to apply.
We are committed to child safe practices and equality for all.
This training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding.
The student tuition fees are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment.